If you haven't checked out Milk-Friendly you most certainly should! Maryam is a nursing Mama with two beautiful boys who refuses to sacrifice fashion for accessible boobies. She is full of tips and tricks for maintaining your style while nursing your babes (and she's nursing a toddler, which makes her EXTRA cool in my book!)
If you are here from Milk-Friendly, WELCOME! I wouldn't say I have style per say, but I'm constantly working on it (I wore red lipstick on a date last week!) I'm currently nursing my 17-month old son, Owen, and have written lots about our nursing relationship both here and over at Kveller.com.
{More about our nursing relationship}
When my son was born, he struggled to latch and lost a lot of weight and some people felt I was doing the wrong thing by continuing to nurse him. He rejected the nipple shield at 8 weeks and with the help of my wonderfully supportive husband, a lactation consultant, my Le Leche League group and lots of pumping and supplementing he finally latched on his own at 11 weeks. Nursing has been such a blessing for us and when my little turned a year old, neither of us had any intentions of stopping. We've nursed through illness and tantrums, on vacation in Asheville and even in Target. Through informal milk-sharing four babies other than my son have also benefited from my milk. Last month we lost a pregnancy and while it was heartbreaking and sad, nursing helped get me through. I am a huge advocate of nursing whether its three drops or three years, and I'd love to chat about it.
Thanks for stopping by our little corner of the internet and feel free to leave a comment or say "Hello!"


I'm still so impressed that you nursed in Target. You're my hero ;)
ReplyDeleteSo much love your way Mama!
ReplyDelete