Friday, July 13, 2012

32.5 Weeks: Dreaming of Baby Brother


I had an appointment today with the nurse practitioner. My contractions have been increasing and I have them most evenings and sometimes during the day. The perinatologists we're seeing don't see enough evidence that giving medication or prescribing bed rest actually stop labor so I'm trying to remain calm and rest when I can. Since I'm contracting daily, she wanted to do an exam today. She said I am fingertip dilated and 30% effaced but there is still a little bit of cervix left. Not the best news, but I stayed fingertip dilated with Owen for quite some time so I'm hoping my body just likes to start early and I can hold this guy in AT LEAST three more weeks.

Everything else looked great. My blood pressure was nice and low and my belly was measuring exactly on track. I gained a half a pound in the last two weeks, up 10.5 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight, which she said was fine as long as I'm eating enough. Jeremy will continue to give me my weekly injections until 36 weeks and then we are in the clear.

I'm starting to look at birth options and hoping I can make to to 36 weeks, can visit the Mikvah and stay calm.  I'm continuing to take prenatal yoga and it is really helping me clear my mind of some of the anxiety and negative associations I had first time around.

At 32 weeks with Owen, I had been on bed rest for six weeks. That was probably my lowest point emotionally and I'm just thankful that I'm in a better place this time around.

We'd love some extra thoughts and prayers as we get closer to meeting Baby Brother.

2 comments:

  1. Six more weeks would be even better baby boy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy you're still upright and doing well! I hope things stay as-is and little man waits until at least 36 weeks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails