Today we are 32 weeks pregnant! And while 32 weeks is miles ahead of the fearful 27 weeker we were threatened with, we have our sites set on 36 with dreams of 38. At the beginning of my pregnancy the weeks just passed us by, skipping along quietly with little notice - seemingly just a number to subtract from 40 all the while bringing us closer to something we still can't imagine in our wildest dreams. Do I dare think we took those weeks for granted? Did I pray enough? Was I thankful when things were uneventful to carry us through when times got tough? We looked forward to 13 weeks as the end of the first trimester and 20 weeks for our ultrasound but nothing like the strain of the last 31 days and the tiny thank you prayers my heart cries every Thursday morning.
This morning before Jeremy left for the hospital he untucked my covers, kissed my belly and whispered, "Happy 32 weeks baby"
My sleepy heart cried and melted at the very same time. And then I prayed for 33.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Go Baby and Mommy!!!
ReplyDelete