"Been catching some pretty strange late shows with your z's? Dreams from horrifying to the bizarre (giving birth to an alien baby with a tail or to a litter of puppies) are healthy, normal and very, very common during pregnancy." - What to Expect When You're Expecting
So I've been having some pretty wacko dreams as of late. My preggo friends have told me that they dream of cuddling their babies, or difficult labor - one of our friends was even acosted by her unborn daughter in a dream and presented with an acceptable name.
Meanwhile, I have dreams about CATS. Yes. CATS.
TUESDAY: I had a dream that my precious cat, Miss Harleigh, froze in my arms. She grew fangs and her eyes turned beady and glazed over with a thick fog of death. I tried to cuddle her (Why! Why, would I snuggle a vampire cat?!) as clumps of fur fell away to expose her pink underbelly oozing with clotty blood. CUE WAKE UP.
(find cat to make sure she isn't a vampire)

WEDNESDAY: I had a dream that I found Miss Har on the floor in a huge ball. As I poked at her, her fur turned jet black with neon yellow spikes and she hissed at me with a slapping snake tongue (Tam, DO NOT attempt to cuddle the spikey snake cat, remember what happened yesterday?) Luckily, I didn't touch her, I just sat beside the possessed animal and wept, begging for my sweet kitty to come back to me. CUE WAKE UP.
(find cat to make sure she isn't a black hissing monster)

THURSDAY: (middle of the night) Jeremy sits straight up in bed, pulls back my covers, rips up my shirt and grabs my belly with both hands (scaring the bajingles out of me and prompting another trip to the commode). He breathes a loud sigh of relief, quickly kisses my belly and lays back down. Sound asleep.
THURSDAY AFTERNOON:
Jeremy: Man I had a weird sleep last night.
Me: [Explains vanishing baby scenario]
Jeremy: Were my eyes open?
Me: Yep. As usual.
Jeremy: Hmm. I don't remember any of that, but it sure explains a lot.
At least someone is our house is dreaming about the baby... and he doesn't even have to get out of bed afterwards to find the cat!
No comments:
Post a Comment