Another successful appointment today with Dr. K. My cervix is still very soft, but again only minor dimpling. I've had to double up on my medicine the last few days to slow the contractions, but he is hopeful I can make it a few more weeks like this. The baby is measuring 33.5 weeks, so he is very happy with his growth. I also gained another 2.5 pounds last week (my first YIKES! moment on the scale), so I'm up about 15 lbs from my pre pregnancy weight.
Dr. K did say that he thinks once the medicine stops working, I'll probably progress fairly quickly. He said he is hoping to get me to 36/37 weeks on tocolysis but if I go into full labor at 35 he'll probably just let me deliver, rather than putting me on inpatient magnesium. We have about ten days left until optimal lung maturity, so things are looking hopeful.
We're really hoping to get to the end of February. February is Jeremy's last mandatory rotation, Neurology, and the attendance policy is very strict. He is only allowed to miss two excused days (including medical) or else the entire month has to be remediated. This late in the game, making up time is next to impossible and they could withhold his May diploma - thus making it impossible to start residency. The impending baby scenario has fallen on deaf ears, and to further complicate things he was placed at a site 45 minutes away from our house. Flexible right? About as flexible as the brick I'm going to use to pound someone crazy ninja style if he misses the birth of our son or they try to fail him. And, for the record, when it comes to pregnant women there's no such thing as an idle threat. NINJA BRICK FIGHTING I TELL YOU!
I kind of have it in my mind that this little one will come on February 25th. Not sure why, but I do. Which would be pretty darn okay with both of us, except for in our little world of trying to make the best of what's handed to us, things don't usually work out the way we think they will, so we'll see.
Speaking of taking what's handed to us... we find out our residency match ONE WEEK FROM TODAY! The suspense is mounting with each passing day and the only thing keeping us sane is inhaling massive amounts of double-stuffed Oreos and ice cream sandwiches. Fondly referred to by my husband as "breakfast sandwiches."
Put away the scale and let the countdowns begin!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You're in the home stretch - and I'm hoping you guys get to the end of February. Super annoying that there's no time left to remediate the rotation if it comes to that. (Nor fair - all that time you were there for nothing.) But I'm crossing my fingers that that won't be the case.
ReplyDeleteI had no idea the match came so early! Why was I thinking that happens in March? I'm already freaking out about that.
Happy Monday!
Can't wait to find out where you crazy kids are headed next!
ReplyDeleteMy stepdad's birthday is 2/25. :)
ReplyDelete