How far along? 15w
Total weight gain/loss: 0 lbsMaternity clothes? I started getting really bloated around 8 weeks and found two pairs of maternity pants that weren't packed away in storage. I have one pair of jeans that still fit if I wear them unbuttoned. Also, I used a gift card and an awesome 40% off coupon to get some summer maternity clothes at Gap this week! Because apparently having a baby in August is different that having one in February, fashion wise anyway...
Stretch marks? Nope.
Sleep:I'm having a little bit of insomnia this time around, especially if I'm woken up mid-sleep (by Jeremy's alarm!) Similar to last time, I'm having VERY weird dreams. One night I dreamed that Ashton Kutcher stuffed 17 chicken nuggets into our toilet and I awoke suddenly when I reached in and tried to eat one (because THAT was the unrealistic part?) Another night I dreamed that Jessica Simpson had her baby and I had to teach her how to breastfeed. Like I said, WEIRD. DREAMS.
Best moment this week: announcing our pregnancy
Movement: Not yet, but have been contracting a little at night.
Food cravings: FRIED CHICKEN.
Gender: Jeremy is convinced this baby is a girl and now he's got me believing it.
Labor Signs: No, thankfully.
Belly Button in or out? In.
What I miss: Wanting to eat food, red wine and margaritas.
What I am looking forward to: finding out the gender and feeling flutters.
Weekly Wisdom: A few weeks ago I was feeling guilty, like I'm not as excited about this baby as I was with Owen and my friend Kelly said, "For the first one, you have no idea what you're getting into. You're preparing this big party for the guest of honor. It's so exciting. The second time around it's like, 'Hey the party's already started we can't wait for you to get here and join in the fun' "
and then Jeremy said, "I'm actually MORE excited for this baby. With Owen I was just terrified of parenthood. Now I know we can totally do this and I'm just excited to savor every minute because it goes by way too fast."
I have really great people in my life.
Milestones: 2nd TRIMESTER!!
Here is a belly picture. I am so much bigger than I was with Owen but my body is expanding in much the same way.
Want to catch up on posts about Baby #2? You can click below the post on the tag that reads "baby #2" or click below for the posts. (I wrote them in the past but waited until we announced to publish them in chronological order)
Our Chanukkah Present
A heartbeat
Valentine's Day
Every pregnancy is different


You get bigger faster with 2nd (and especially 3rd) babies. But you'll still lose the weight when you start nursing...or so I hope. Glad to read that all your scans went so well.
ReplyDeleteYay! I'm so glad you linked to all those posts :) Such an exciting journey and I'm glad to be along for #2 too!!!
ReplyDelete