Friday, September 23, 2011

"Bye-Bye, Gogi!"

Our trip to Denver went by much, much too fast. Owen doesn't really pronounce "r's" so he took to taking his Grampie Dick, "Gogi" (rhymes with Yogi) and well, I think it suites him well!


We had such a wonderful time exploring all there is to do in Denver for toddlers. Owen was a joy every second we were there. I think he could sense the tension at home and was bored of seeing me day in and day out - this trip was just what we BOTH needed. He loved being showerd with attention from his "Gogi" and Grammie Susie. He got to meet his step-cousins, Kyle and Chloe for the first time and they were the highlight of his trip. Chloe fed, bathed and played with Owen in the sweetest way. He woke up from every nap, climbed the stairs asking for, "Ky-wol, and Chloe"

(he wanted to wear his bowl as a HAT!)

I also had a wonderful visit. I love Jeremy, but his schedule right now is hard on everyone. While I was away I didn't stress out about what time he got home, if he ate, or if he saw us -- because I wasn't there to know any of that. I even had some alone time. I took long showers, went to the grocery without entertaining a toddler, and I had an entire afternoon to myself while my little was in the loving care of his grandparents. I browsed stores in an outdoor mall and went to a movie. Normally, I'd feel like a TOTAL LOSER for doing this - but that day, I was thrilled. I was the only one in the theater and I enjoyed a small popcorn and Ryan Gosling's abs (drool!) After the movie I enjoyed a Jamba Juice and then headed home. 

As I strolled along enjoying the BEAUTIFUL Colorado weather, I realized that was the first time that I have ever been away from my boys that I didn't ache for them. I was actually thankful for the break, for the breathing room. I didn't go to the bathroom with a toddler on my lap once all week -- so it was definitely a successful trip!

Its a good thing we loved our trip so much because the 3hr plane ride there and back WERE HELL. I was that lady with the screaming, squirming toddler. Apparently, traveling with a 18 month old is NOT SO FUN.

I'm trying to get some pictures posted of our trip, amidst cooking for Rosh Hashanah and preparing for our family vacation. Glad to have recharged my Mama batteries!

3 comments:

  1. So glad you had a wonderful vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for happy trips and mama alone time. esp the last part :-p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank goodness for some fresh air and a much needed break!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails