Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Still here

We're still here but will be a little out of touch for a while. We finally moved all of our stuff to the new apartment thanks to a few burly skinny college guys. Nana and Papa helped out quite a bit too and we had a sitter for Owen (who BTW said, "I've sat for a lot of kids and he is by far the most chill baby I've ever met. Is he always like this?) It was quite the show around here.

It will be at least a week (a week!) before our new internet service is set up so we'll be signing off until then.

But not without a few updates:

Owen has taken to throwing a full blown temper tantrum when I try to change his diaper. Notice I said when "I" do it, because he would never pull that crap with his Daddy.

Owen says, "pooh, pooh" whenever he poops. Also when he farts. Its nice to have an announcement, now if he would just stop trying to reach down and grab the pooh it would be much appreciated.

My son is a carnivore and mostly consumes meatballs and chicken nuggets all day long. He also likes waffles, pizza and frozen yogurt.

Owen had his 15 month visit and is still just below the weight curve for 25th percentile despite his skinny, lanky frame (21 lbs 31.25 inches long) he's just above the 50th for height so he's just meant to be lean I guess. Dr. said he'll be walking in no time, just as soon as he gets the confidence to let go.

Owen starts swim lessons back up in June and we are totally psyched to visit the pool this summer.

Jeremy has three weeks left as an intern, a week-long staycation at the end of June (yay! yay! yay!) and then he is a junior resident. Status change? Hardly. But at least he won't be "the intern" anymore :)

Yesterday, our cashier at Target referred to Owen as a "little princess" and its still not enough to convince us to cut his hair. Jeremy says that instead I need to "butch up" his wardrobe a little. Whatever that means...

21lbs of absolute cuteness!

2 comments:

  1. hey at least you know he's getting plenty of protein, right? :-p

    and YAY for staycations! can't wait to see some swim lesson pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It means camouflage and muscle shirts :) After being told that my curly cutie was a pretty girl, that's how I butched up his wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails