Thursday, June 9, 2011
Justin Bieber Doppelganger?
I really dislike moving. Like REALLY, REALLY dislike. We're making good progress but the ten or so boxes still piled around the apartment are giving me anxiety. All I keep thinking about his how much crap I want to give away and how I have no time to bag and organize it all. Owen seems unphased by the move. We set his room up exactly the same way so not to throw him off too much. We have a little more carpet in this apartment (brand new carpet) so he's enjoying crawling on that. Notice I said crawling because this boy has yet to take a step on his own. Jeremy lost the bet for walking by 14 months and I'm still holding onto my guess of 16 months. This boy has definitely taught us to have patience.
This past weekend we went to a BBQ and Owen got his very first cuts and scrapes (under Daddy's supervision... not that we're pointing fingers or anything...) He wanted to push a little (weightless) grocery cart around the driveway which resulted in several falls leaving him with a few knee scrapes and a bloody gash on his thumb. I was horrified (not to mention he was FILTHY) and Jeremy was thrilled. Not because Owen got hurt, but because apparently his injuries made him look like a "real boy"
We're entering into stage of serious separation anxiety and Owen has been very clingy with me. I took him to the library for story hour and he didn't leave my side. I was beginning to wonder if we had somehow managed to avoid it, but I guess we just had a late onset (story of our lives with Owen). He's been getting upset when I leave the room, even if he's with Jeremy and it is taking much longer for me to put him down to sleep for naps and bedtime because he wants to be rocked and cuddled again and again. When Jeremy is doing bedtime stories Owen points to the door and cries until I come in. Seeing as though I've also been the brunt of his new hitting-in-the-face and random biting it's nice to be used as something other than a punching bag once in a while.
I think we're entering into toddlerhood folks, which makes those ten boxes sitting my hallway look a lot less stressful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

ugh, moving is the pits. those boxes keep me up nights!
ReplyDeletei think separation anxiety is pretty normal for the age, but i do think it tends to pass quickly (from what i remember? maybe? its all a sleep deprived blur now.... :-p)
glad you're back! :)
He is getting cuter and cuter! Sorry about the boo-boos, but they do happen, so don't feel too badly about it!
ReplyDeleteC always seems to get a little more banged up than I would like when his daddy is in charge...I am in love with O's hair. He is such a handsome little man!
ReplyDelete