Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Lazy Tuesday

We're having a lazy day today. Owen is enjoying his new rain stick and pushing his mail cart around the house while I'm making a grocery list and heating up some left over curry for dinner.

I made a yummy Mexican lasagna yesterday that Jeremy gobbled up with some fresh gucamole. I don't have any pictures because it was eaten up before I even thought to take any - but trust me on this one, its husband approved ;)

3 Chicken Breasts
1 can mushroom soup
1 packet of Taco Seasoning
1 can black beans
1 can green chilis
4-6 flour tortillas
shredded cheddar/mexican cheese

Brush chicken breasts with olive oil and season with salt/pepper/garlic powder/pinch cayanne. Bake for 350 for 30 minutes until heated. Remove from oven and shred with a fork. Stir in black beans (rinsed) and taco seasoning. Add to bowl with soup and chilis. Mix well.

Spray 9x13 baking dish with non stick spray. Layer tortillas on the bottom, pour half of chicken mixture and spread evenly. Add layer of cheese (don't be shy here, ADD CHEESE) and then another layer of tortillas/chicken/cheese. On the top I usually cut a tortilla into strips and layer vertically. Top with cheese. Bake covered for 30 minutes at 350 - uncover for another 5-10 minutes for a crispy top.

Here a few of my recent posts on Kveller in case you missed them!

I'm not a hippie, I just parent like one :)

and I also submit my nursing in Target post which has gotten some really nice feedback.

I cannot believe Owen will be 15 months tomorrow!! IS 15 MONTHS OLD TODAY!!! (Mama lost track of the days!!)

How is that for the most random post ever?

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails