Friday, January 14, 2011

A star for Owen

I have met some amazing strangers people through blogging, many of which I am happy to call my friends and most of whom I've never met in person. The internet has allowed me to be connected to family, friends and other Mamas in a way that wasn't possible twenty years ago.

A few months ago Lindsay left some comments on my blog. We emailed back and forth about how quickly the time passes and how the fleeting moments of babyness are both exhausting and wonderful (she has two little boys, a toddler and a tiny bundle). She asked me if she could make a gift for Owen. She found our blog when we were featured on Spearmint Baby and wanted to paint a picture for his room.

This week we received the gift and I absolutely LOVE it! She even painted O's Hebrew name on the side of it. It was her first time painting in Hebrew and I think she did a great job.


This blog has provided me with a lot of opportunities - friendship being the most unexpected.

Thank you for the gift Lindsay! Check out her adorable little Etsy shop (I've been swooning over the mustache prints, myself)

2 comments:

  1. that is a dorable! i will admit i've seen some things i thoght - ohmigosh this would be so cute for owen's first birthday.... and then i think, but i only talk to her on the internet, she'll think i'm a creepy stalker! :-p

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to find friends in far away places :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails