13 lbs (58th percentile)
22.8 inches (26th percentile)
I let a med student come in first and she clearly didn't have children because I think she was horrified at Owen's behavior. He was throwing a fit and screaming and telling her his leg was injured and he needed a doctor to fix it (ahem. smart kid.) (also? WHERE DID HE LEARN THESE SHENANIGANS!?) For the record there was NOTHING wrong with his leg.
When our pediatrician came in he demanded her attention. She obviously knows a thing or two about two year olds who are having a hard time adjusting to a new brother so she looked in Owen's ears, made him a puppet with a tongue depressor and let him tell her all about baby Gil.
So, in short, the appointment was once again about Owen. Gillen is perfect. He had his first shots and I was a brave Mama and held him through all three of them (Daddy was stuck at work). He's sleeping, eating and growing. Looks like he might be short and stalky - my gene pool working some magic on this boy.
Of Note: Before the appointment I had a discussion with Owen that Gil had to get some "owies" I didn't want him to get upset seeing the needles or hearing Gil scream. So when Owen started getting hysterical when the guy came in with the shots I thought he was upset for his brother.
Nope.
He stood on a stool right next to us and sobbed "But I WANT AN OWIE TOOOOOOOO!"
And there you have it folks, the extent to which a toddler will go to pull attention away from his baby brother. He wants a shot.
He didn't get one. But he did get to choose a sucker. You know, for being such a good patient ;)
I also made chicken and dumplings for the first time. Owen was sitting in his booster seat coloring while I cut the dumplings and he says, "Mama, watching you make dumplings is BORING."
I about died.
Shabbat Shalom!





I think this is the best post in the history of blog posts. I'm sorry, Mama, I know it's so hard but I am cracking up. Boring!! OMG! Your boy kills me. xoxo
ReplyDelete