We had another cervical ultrasound on Friday and it looks like things are still measuring 3.8-3.9 which is great. That was my last routine ultrasound and from here on out they will monitor me every two weeks with digital exams/ultrasounds, based on symptoms. The doctor told me that while bed rest is absolutely not on the table right now, I need to watch my activity and listen to my body. Any more than 4 contractions in an hour and I am to call, period. Medication is still an option should I need it and I'll stay on the progesterone shots until 36 weeks (11 more shots and counting...)
As we get closer to the 26-27 week mark where things got scary last time around I find myself questioning every pain and every step I take. Should I have walked up those stairs with the laundry? Should I have struggled with Owen in the grocery? I'm terrified but trying to push aside those fears to be hopeful.
Bringing another little boy into the world safe and healthy will hopefully be another of my most sacred accomplishments as a mother, but it won't come without worry while we wait. Please hold us in your thoughts and prayers.

You are in my thought and prayers! You look great! Enjoy this special time!
ReplyDeleteprayers for hope, prayers for strength and prayers for peace - of mind and heart and cervix :)
ReplyDeleteThe Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He *makes me* lie down in green pastures, He leads beside still waters, He restores my soul. AMen :)
Lots of prayers and love for the little man too - baby stay in!
Stay put baby boy!!! We don't want to meet you until the very end of the summer!
ReplyDelete