Owen, right now....
LOVES Curious George. I've been trying to get him to watch a little TV because I need some downtime and I'm sure I'll need more once Baby Brother gets here. We started reading some Curious George board books he got for his birthday, which he loves. We also found a Curious George beach book, which is his current favorite. So after getting familiar with the books, he is happy to sit down for a 15 minute episode on TV. I'm happy with 15 minutes of TV right about now!
It testing limits. EVERY LIMIT. He is also sassing me a little. One day last week he woke up and the first thing he said to me was, "Mama no talk to me... and no change diaper!" Needless to say, that wasn't our best day.
Is my skinny boy. I've been trying on some clothes we bought for summer at the end of last year and they are all too big. His waist is so tiny, only Gap pants/shorts will fit him in size 18-24 months (thankfully they also have an adjustable waistband). He fit in his 12 month swim diaper and a 9-12 months swim shirt from last year. He is wearing 2T jammies and 2T t-shirts but those will last him the summer for sure. We also bought him size 8 shoes for this summer... and it turns out his feet barely grew so now I am hunting around for 6 or 7 sandals in peak season! (also I saw THE CUTEST Curious George t-shirts at the Gap, but they were $20 each. I'm crossing my fingers that they go on sale, because he would be thrilled with one of those!)
Sucks his thumb CONSTANTLY. Since he weaned last month thumb sucking has been his go-to move which is mostly adorable, except when his hands are filthy dirty and he puts them in his mouth. GAG!
Still takes off his shoes and socks in the car/mall/grocery. This behavior has driven me nuts for most of his life, but now in the car since he's still rear-facing, he takes off his shoes and socks and throws them at me while I'm driving. I SERIOUSLY dislike this behavior.
Papa gave Owen his old iphone and it's one of O's favorite "toys" -- it's not used as a phone anymore but Jeremy put a few little clips of Chuggington on it and Owen can listen to music on there too. It's amazing how well he knows how to use it. We don't have iphones and one day Owen was watching two babies burp on Youtube! We had no idea how we was able to access Youtube but we quickly disabled it. HA!
Loves the park. We live next to a nice park and he likes to "ride his bike" there after nap time. As in, I push him there on his bike.
Has started asking for water as a way to delay bedtime. I cannot believe this is milestone that children randomly figure out on their own and being the ridiculous Mama that I am, I usually give it to him because I don't want him going to bed thirsty! I'm such a sucker!
He kisses my belly and I almost melt from the cuteness. He also randomly says, "I love you Mama. Mama beautiful" which is something he learned from his Daddy and I absolutely love it!

oh wow tam, he looks more and more like you every day :)
ReplyDeletejoey randomly sucks his thumb now too. nothing consistent, but yea. i pull that puppy out of there :-p sometimes it works!
johnny is a shoe-taker-offer, but thankfully, no throwing :-p