Wake: 8:30-9am (I shower while he "reads" to himself in the crib)
Breakfast: 9:30-10am
Dress/pack lunch/leave the house: 10:30am
We go to either playgroup/volunteering at Toy Lending Library/Tot Shabbat (on Fridays)/zoo/science center/ children's museum - or on the really boring days - we go to the OB to "take pictures of Mama's belly"
12:30 we either head home for lunch or if we packed our lunch we eat together somewhere. Sometimes, we go to Qdoba or McDonalds ;)
We make sure to be home at or before 1:30
take off shoes, wash hands/face, turn on the fan and get ready for nap.
I rock Owen to sleep at 2pm (sometimes 2:30)
I work/write during his nap, do some laundry and prep dinner if needed.
4 or 4:30 Owen wakes and has snack (usually dried Mangos/fishes) while watching an episode of Curious George
Between 5-7 we wait for Daddy to come home, sometimes play outside, ride his bike to the park or Owen will play with toys while I rest on the couch or play playdough while I make dinner.
7:30-8:30 Dinner. Daddy is usually home 4 days a week or so and we have a great time laughing through dinner. We clean up while Owen plays kitchen or watches from his booster seat.
8:30-9 Bath/Bedtime
Mama/Daddy watch an episode of TV, Daddy falls asleep on the couch (or is working...)
Mama finishes writing/work and then goes to bed entirely too late.
------------
There is a WONDERFUL 'Mommy and Me' class at the Children's Museum. Miss Yovonne runs the hour-long program that is filled with songs, books, games, snack and lots of arts and crafts. It's structured in little toddler stations and switches up every 10 minutes to keep the kids engaged. They only allow 12 kiddos per week and it's first come first serve so Owen and I have to get up extra early on those days to put our name in for the class (best $5 ever spent). We like to meet one or two friends there and Owen loves it.
The light is really bad in there but here is a day when Owen and his best friend William played together at Miss Yovonne's class
Owen loves these Melissa and Doug wooden stringing beads - I need to find him a set for home
Then of course afterwards we have to venture into the museum to play with the rocks...
Last week Mama didn't get her act together in time and Miss Yovonne's class was full so we just explored the museum, did some painting and then headed to a nearby park to eat our lunch picnic-style.
That's our day!









Found this on Amazon.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.amazon.com/Jumbo-Lacing-Beads-Classic-Made/dp/B001TEUM2W/ref=lh_ni_t
Soren enjoys looking at the pictures of Owen on your blog. He loves playing with other kids. He calls them his "children". Hope you are doing well.
What fun! I read posts like this and remember the Mondays and Fridays I used to have with my boy. I can't wait for days like again once baby sister is here. I plan to take my little man on "dates" once I'm able to truly be up and around again - just Mommy and Connor, just like old times. I miss that more that I can even put into words. Cherish your precious moments, Mama! xoxo
ReplyDeleteannnnnd, i suck at life. our days are terribly boring in comparison :-p
ReplyDeletealso, allison beat me to the link :)
I actually think this is the exact set they have at Miss Yovonne's class...
ReplyDeletehttp://www.amazon.com/Melissa-Doug-Deluxe-Wooden-27-Piece/dp/B000GIJ4Y4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1336352390&sr=8-2