Thursday, October 20, 2011

Hilton Head Playdate

I've met a lot of really great people through blogging, both here and on Kveller. I correspond with my "internet friends" through Facebook, emails, gchat and texting. We live scattered across the country (a few in Israel) and its a rare occasion that our paths will cross in real life. Thankfully, my friend Kelly was going to be 2-hrs from Hilton Head with her son Carter and they wanted to drive down to meet us for a play date!

Carter and Owen were born 10 days apart and Kelly and I have been corresponding through blogs since I was on bedrest. Over the last two years we've shared notes on parenting, sleep schedules, tantrums, teething and both of us are still nursing these 20 month old boys!

The night before our meet up, she texted me that her husband was convinced she'd show up at our hotel and a 60-yr old man would answer the door. Jeremy and I were laughing out loud so I gave her a call to let her know, we were indeed a little family of three awaiting a playdate.

We took the boys to a little children's museum called The Sandbox. It was PERFECT for Carter and Owen with a play kitchen, indoor climbing structures and lots of construction fun. They boys played and Owen even got his first bloody eye after falling into a table so we decided to head to lunch. The boys were great and we all got to sit and chat, it was so much fun.

(group picture with two sweaty, tired boys -one who just suffered a busted eye - oh well, we tried!)

It was such a wonderful visit and it was like we'd been friends in real life all along! I sincerely hope our paths will cross in the future and we get to play with our bloggy friends from Georgia again soon!

We forgot our camera so we had to use Kelly's awesome camera - for LOTS more pictures of our playdate visit her blog... here and here!

2 comments:

  1. We had SO much fun with you guys!! Maybe it can be an annual tradition ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How great. As you know my best friend comes from the internet world so I totally relate. If you make it down to GA to meet up with Kelly you better holla at a girl.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails