Wednesday, June 15, 2011

I'm going to be a Mama again, someday

Writing and blogging helped me to get through some of the darkest days on bed rest. It has allowed me to celebrate motherhood in all its glory (and occasional frustration) over this past year. I have a beautiful record of so many of the things I've felt, celebrated and learned through pregnancy, infancy and now toddler-hood. People have kept in touch with our family and I've connected with new friends and old.  It is because of all these things that I choose to share my loss. Writing it down helps to stop it from spinning around in my head morning and night. I hope sharing this will help me to heal soon, but never forget. Because no matter how insignificant those few cells may seem to some, for us they have a story.

I'm going to be a Mama again, someday.

8 comments:

  1. :( i sent you a message. love and hugs and prayers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying for your family. I am praying that God will bless you with a new little life very soon. Your story brought back some hard memories. Last July I had a miscarriage. But not long after I got pregnant again so I haven't though a whole lot about it since. I mean there was the date that was to be the baby's due date and I cried that day. I'm due July 1st so I don't think the anniversary of the miscarriage will be so hard.
    You will be a momma again some day. And you will do a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huge hugs and all my love, Tam.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry. I know so many people going through this right now, it's staggering and heartbreaking every time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. many thoughts and prayers for you and your family. i am so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tam, I'm so sorry for your loss. I miscarried after our first IVF. It was never a healthy pregnancy, but at 48 hour intervals and then weekly intervals we went in for a new beta and then ultrasound, and each time we hoped for a miracle. I felt as though my heart had been ripped out of my chest when it was finally over. There is nothing quite like dreaming of a child and not being able to fulfill that dream. But if that pregnancy had been viable, I wouldn't be a mommy to my beautiful twins. These things don't happen for a reason, but everything does work out in the end. I hope you get to achieve another pregnancy soon. HUGS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hugs and tears, a month late.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails