Saturday, December 4, 2010

I throw my latkes in the air sometimes!

Saturday night we went all out. We had friends over to make latkes in celebration of Chanukah and I even whipped up a batch of my famous Christmas Jew-themed sugar cookies.

No fried fun fest is complete without jelly doughnuts. Seriously Chanukah? Your music doesn't hold a candle to Christmas but your food is mega awesome.



We ended the night with a [highly supervised] present unveiling. Two special books sent just for Owen by his Aunt Marylou and Uncle Phil. He LOVED the books - especially the fuzzy parts of the animal book. I let him choose from three books this morning and he picked that one every time.

His onesie says "I light up Mommy's life" and it was a gift from my cousin Jen. So cute this boy!

2 comments:

  1. oh hanukah looks like so much fun! :)

    i must confess, loving the miracle of hanukah like i do and thinking the maccabees are rockin' awesome saints, we bought the little candy cane press board book - "the story of hanukah" saturday at barnes and noble. heehee :)

    oh and yes, we do open gifts on christmas proper - whatever other families have given us (thats why we started this t radition on st. nicholas day. we lived in CA and our families lived in the east and we didn't want to schlep gifts cross country just to schlep them back!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Glad I had enough foresight to pick the right size ! It does look very sweet on him, and I LOVE the leg warmers!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails