Saturday, October 23, 2010
People Change
Before I was a Mama I carried a purse and I honestly cannot remember what I filled it with because since becoming a Mama, I keep my wallet tucked in the diaper bag along with my chap stick and my keys.
Before I was a Mama I wore perfume, now I prefer to smell like my baby, like milk and his sweaty little body pressed against me when he falls asleep.
Before I was a Mama I would have my wedding ring cleaned once a month. I wanted this gorgeous gift from my husband to sparkle like the sun whenever I looked at it. My ring is caked with butt paste and sweet potatoes, but now I have an even more precious gift from my husband that I've been staring at for the last eight months.
Before I was a Mama I went to Vegas twice a year - now I go to baby play group twice a week.
Before I was a Mama I would have never left the house without mascara on, now I ask myself how many days its been since I showered when I'm pulling out of the driveway.
Before I was a Mama I got up and went to work everyday, now I work harder than I ever have in my life and some days I don't even leave the house.
Before I was a Mama I thought I needed 8 full hours of sleep to function, now I know 2.5 consecutive hours can feel like eternity.
Before I was a Mama, every night was date night with my husband and now microwaving smores and passing out on the couch counts as quality time spent together.
Before I was a Mama I could not wait to read my US Weekly magazine every Friday, now I read parenting books, and recipe books and I haven't picked up a magazine all year.
Before I was a Mama I would clean my house for days before anyone was allowed to visit, last week I let a new friend come inside even though I had breakfast dishes on the coffee table and unfolded laundry piled on the couch.
Before I was a Mama I would sometimes get frustrated because my boobs were too big to wear the cute polka dot bras at Victoria's Secret, now - I wear a bra with four clasps, flaps over the nipples and padding on the strap and its my favorite bra.
Before I was a Mama I ate my meals at the dinner table, now I eat them standing up while I'm doing something else. I ate a bagel in the bathroom this morning and finished chewing it while I was washing my hair in the shower.
Before I was a Mama I hated doing laundry, now I absolutely, positively HATE doing laundry.
Before I was a Mama I thought I knew what it felt like to love someone with your whole heart, now I know exactly what it feels like.
And I wouldn't change a single thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Love this! So true.
ReplyDeleteI totally agree with this. Well put!
ReplyDeleteCouldn't have said it better myself! Hugs.
ReplyDeleteSo cute! Love the progressive photos.
ReplyDelete