Thank you to everyone for your encouraging comments, emails and FB messages about my previous post, our good days are more frequent than bad, but that one was a doozie and I really needed it. Yesterday was a better day for Mr. O and I - he was calmer with no fever. Daddy was on call so it was just the two of us to enjoy the day. We went on a very long walk in the evening and then Owen slept through the night 8pm-8am. This was a nice respite for Mama.
This morning yielded only a 45 minute nap - not long enough for O to feel rested. I thought he might like some avacado and rice cereal since I had backed off on solids over the past two days - all he wanted to do was nurse anyway - but not a chance. Wouldn't even look at me when I put him in his chair, let alone open his mouth.
Daddy came home all googly eyed after working 33 hours and could barely complete a sentence, so off to bed he went.
By the afternoon we were back to fuss and fever. I tried to nurse him and he grabbed my finger and shoved it into his mouth - OUCH!
and there it was. The top ridge of a tiny little bottom right tooth. I guess it wasn't the vaccines after all!
Luckily, I used my rocking/singing skills and got a 30 minute snooze out of our boy. But as soon as I stood up - awake again. I carried him around in the Ergo for a while so that I could eat something and then back to rocking and sleep for Owen. I was able to put him down in his crib (for the very first time) and he actually stayed asleep.
That was at 3:45, it's now 4:09.
We were invited to a potluck at a park this evening (at 4pm...) which I was looking forward to but unfortunately - my hair looks like crazy town, I didn't have time to make a covered dish and both of my boys are sound asleep. I honestly don't think either of them would be very fun to hang out with if I did choose to wake them... so I'm going to do some laundry.
and eat some chocolate.
and pray to God he doesn't bite my nipple with that tooth.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
If he starts biting, just stick your finger in his mouth and break the suction. He will learn very quickly that biting Mama doesn't pay. Also, it's immediately ends the pain of a bite. Start while the tooth is little and you'll be all set.
ReplyDelete