Dear baby,
Well my sweet little one, we've had a rough couple of weeks. Seems Mamma's body wasn't cooperating the way it should be, but that hasn't phased you at all. You are still healthy and growing just as you should be. I'm taking it easy now to give you some time to grow big and strong. I just need you to be patient, and forgive my little uterine squeezes every now and then. Think of it as me giving you little hugs throughout the day.
I want you to know that all of the worry and boredom in the world is worth having the time to let you grow. We're not done with our journey, you and I. I am just getting used to your little stretches and kicks. They get stronger every day. I look down all the time to admire my growing belly and I rub your bottom when you stick it way up in the air and make a mishapen mountain out of my abdomen. You are so active, kicking and punching from the time I wake up to the time I drift off to sleep at night. You have lots of hiccups too, 5-6 times a day I can feel your body rise and fall with little blips.
Your Daddy and I lay in bed at night and watch you move, amazed that you're in there. We wonder what you'll be like when we finally meet you. Will you have all those hiccups on the outside? We think about your little nose and ears and rubbing your soft belly. We talk about snuggling you and how adorable you will look in all of the little outfits we have ready for you. More than anything we think about how much more complete our life will be once you are here and about how the three of us will be a family. But good things come to those who wait, and you little one are worth waiting for. And besides, I'm not quite ready to share you with the big world. Those grandparents are going to gobble you right up, I might have to take turns holding you! I know its selfish, but I want to keep you just for me right now. My sweet boy, please take your time - grow big healthy lungs and add some chub to those cheeks for Mamma to nuzzle. Not a second goes by that I don't think about you and wish for you to be healthy and strong - harder than I've ever wished for anything in my entire life.
Thank you for the hiccups and the punches and for being my brave little man. We're getting there one day at a time and in the mean time I'm going to treasure my days with you inside, where I can keep you safe and warm.
Love,
Mamma
Friday, January 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment