I had a dream the other night that I was six years old and my eye was matted shut with pink eye and I cried and cried for my mom to come bring me a hot wash cloth to melt the goo away. And then I woke up at 5:30am, with only one eye open and woke my husband to help me open my swollen eye.
After returning home from the hospital, I've developed quite the cold. Stuffy head, nose, ears and a terrible cough. Coughing only aggravates my already "irritable" uterus, so I'm doing everything possibly to avoid the gut wrenching hacks. The pink eye on top of everything else just brought me to tears. I needed drops for my eye but I knew if I showed up at the urgent care they'd take one look at my belly, see that I was being treated for preterm labor and send me straight to labor and delivery.
So we called my OB and primary care physician and by 7:30am Jeremy was back from the pharmacy with eye drops, cough medicine, and hand sanitizer. He hasn't been feeling good himself lately and on top of caring for me, he has to go to the hospital to finish up his radiology rotation. Thankfully we have lots of help from family and well wishes and support continue to pour in via phone, email and Facebook.
One day at a time is an understatement for us right now. Tomorrow we go back to Dr. K at 3:15pm to see if there has been any further progression or dilation. I am hoping so much that things are the same and I'll be here on my own couch for the holiday and not in the PICU with my exhausted husband sleeping on a rock hard fold out chair.
But each new day is another day that our little one is still growing inside me. For the last seven months, I've anticipated Thursdays as another milestone in my pregnancy - but now I sit here wishing for nine more pregnant Thursdays, wishing to be one more week closer. Our little ninja is still kicking away in there, so hopefully even though things are hard on the outside, he's warm and cozy in there for awhile longer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment