Thursday, December 31, 2009

30 weeks: A New Year, A New Life


How far along? 30 weeks
How big is baby? 3 lb 5 oz (yay!)
Total weight gain/loss: +8 lbs
Maternity clothes? Now that my days are spent on the couch, I wear fleece pants and Gap stretch maternity shirts. The sofa doesn't judge me.
Stretch marks? No, actually since being on bed rest my belly has gotten less tight as he (and my organs) have settled back into my abdomen more.
Sleep: Doing pretty well despite having to set alarms throughout the night to take my medication. The Boppy Pregnancy Wedge has really helped!
Best moment this week: Getting a glimpse of my little boy on the ultrasound made the scary hospital trips worth while.
Movement: Strong little kicks in my ribs and hip bones!
Food cravings: My appetite has been low because of the meds and being sick, but the other day I really wanted Marzetti veggie dip and rainbow sherbet. Together? I'm not sure, but Jeremy rushed out and bought both without questioning me.
Gender: Boy! and his squishy little scrotum was one of the first things we saw on the ultrasound - modesty really isn't in our genetic make up :)
Labor Signs: Contractions and cervical changes, but we're holding out hope for a full term baby.
Belly Button in or out? In, but flat now.
What I miss: Sexy time with my husband and leaving the house to run errands (at Target).
What I am looking forward to: Every single day that this wee one stays put as my inside baby. I'm just not ready to share him yet.
Weekly Wisdom: Take everything one day at a time now because a full term baby is completely within your reach.
Milestones:30 weeks and praying for seven more.

These past two and a half weeks have been an emotional roller coaster and I could not have done it without such an awesome partner by my side. Jeremy is working so hard to take care of me and baby. Every single time he helps me off the couch or refills my Gatorade I am reminded of how much he loves me (messy bed hair and all) and of the thousands of reasons he is going to be an *amazing* Daddy.

Happy New Year Babe, 2010 might just be the most incredible year of our lives.

1 comment:

  1. Something tells me it WILL be the most amazing year of your life. :) You are 5 weeks behind me. I remember 30 weeks as such an incredible milestone. You are doing an INCREDIBLE job, and what you and your hubby are doing together is the most amazing joint effort you'll ever make. Keep hanging in! You can do it - and Happy New Year, Mama!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails