Friday, January 1, 2010

Sneak peak nursery ideas!!

We're not setting up a nursery for the little one because we're moving soon after he's born. Putting together a nursery is such a huge part of the nesting process, so I'm sad that I'm not venturing into a freshly painted room to sit in a rocker, fold baby clothes and dream about smelling his baby hair and snuggling him in my arms. But I'm okay with waiting, I knew this was how our timeline would work out and I am actually even more excited to find out where we match because then we can find a place with a perfect room for him.

I wanted a gender neutral nursery. Why not reuse crib bedding with subsequent children? I didn't want anything overly "theme-y" with dominant colors such as pink or blue. I'm looking for a mix of things to make it feel calm, lived in and special.

I chose this bedding before we found out we were having a boy. It's called "Circles" from the Dwell Studio line sold at Target. Unfortunately, it was discontinued by the time I was far along enough to start buying things, so I was forced to bid on it on Ebay. Thankfully, I scored a brand new set!


I slept in a Jennie Lind crib as a baby, and at first I wanted my children to do the same. After doing some looking around I was more drawn to sleek, modern designs and found this reasonably priced crib at Walmart (Baby Mod Park Lane). It's small, gets great reviews and I think it meets our needs perfectly.

I was swooning over this ABC Love print the second I saw it on a design website. I was fortunate enough to score the orginal print on Etsy and now we're on a hunt for the perfect frame.


This is another print I custom ordered from Etsy. I matched the blue to the bedding and I think its masculine, yet charming. I was really happy with how it turned out.


For lighting, I was SO THRILLED when one of my questions was featured on the OHDEEOH nursery design site. I had heard that touch lamps are great in a nursery because you can use the dim setting without waking the baby but I had a hard time finding one. Other bloggers directed me to these brushed nickel lamps from Bed Bath & Beyond. They were only $20 and we put them in our bedroom and loved them so much that we bought an extra set for the nursery.

Ever since I found out I was pregnant I've been drawn to to owls. When I was in Mexico I bought a beautiful handmade pewter owl. I am going to hang it on the wall. I'm also drawn to alphabet cards displayed on the wall for baby to see. I especially like these animal print cards from eeBoo.


Reading was such a HUGE part of my childhood and I cannot wait to make a special nook in our nursery to share my favorite stories with our little cub. Once we find out where we're living I might have my dad try to make a library reading display similar to this one.



This is by no means a completed project, or even a started project, but I feel like these ideas will come together to make a treasured space that our little boy will grow to enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. I love these ideas! I think they'll all look really great together in your future nursery. I wish we had room for a book corner like that. Like you, I plan on grooming little Knox into being a true book worm like his mother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love LOVE these ideas...the nursery is going to look so adorable! Can't wait to see it all come together.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails