Scene: Two gorgeously attractive married people sit down to a homemade pot roast dinner (with brussel sprouts!) and as they enjoy some precious time together, they talk about all things baby.
Wife: Do you know any nursery rhymes or songs?
Husband: Yep!
Wife: Like which ones?
Husband: Like, lots of them. You know... the usual ones.
Wife: Do you know Twinkle, Twinkle?
Husband: Yes, *singing* Twinkle, Twinkle, little star... up in the sky...twinkly star.. da da da...
Wife: ::laughing:: No! No, that's all wrong... *sings correct version*
Husband: That's what I JUST SANG!
Wife: Okay what about Itsy Bitsy.. the spider?
Husband: *singing* Itsy, bitsy spider we-hent up a spout, wa-ter came down and th-en it evaporated... and the spider we-hent up again.
Wife: :: laughing, tears :: It doesn't say EVAPORATED!
Husband: My version does!
Wife: Do you know Rock-A-Bye-Baby?
Husband: No.
Wife: *sings* Rock-A-Bye-Baby
Husband: WHAT? That song is about a cradle breaking out of a tree?
Wife: Yes.
Husband: Are you SURE that's how it goes?
Wife: Yes.
[The next morning while painting the den, out of nowhere, the adorable husband has a revelation about last night's conversation]
Husband: I don't like that falling baby song.
Wife: What?
Husband: The song, where the baby falls with the cradle and stuff...I decided I don't like it. Why would someone sing a song like that to their baby!? That's just cruel.
Wife: I don't know.
Husband: Well, we're not singing that one.
Wife: Okay... we'll stick to the spider one with the evaporating water.
:: smiles GA-LORE for first time parents ::
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My kid noticed that I'm a God-awful, terrible singer at least two years before I thought she would...just saying
ReplyDeletethe cradle falling out of a tree? I agree. Why why why is that a song that is sung to anyone other than maybe monkey babies, or kuala babies. I don't get it.
ReplyDelete