Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I will follow you, because in your arms is where my home has always been

I know this blog has been a lot of blah blah about expanding freckles and eating old candy (which my Mom is currently having a conniption fit over and I had to promise not to feed my unborn child any more expired treats) so i figured I would update you on my crazy I'm-going-to-be-married-to-a-doctor-in-seven-months-OH-MY-GOSH LIFE.

My sweet husband is gallivanting across the country for the next month attempting to impress crusty old surgeons with his sparkling blue eyes and unyielding charm (his grades aren't half bad either!) and this is the final list of places we may land in the GLORIOUS GAME OF UROLOGY CANDY LAND! Yes, my husband wants to operate on penises for a living - please don't judge me.

(DISCLAIMER: DO NOT READ INTO ANYTHING ON THIS LIST, they are listed in no particular order, they will be put in order sometime in late December. NO we don't know what order yet. NO we don't have our top three figured out. And NO unfortunately you're going to have to offer a lot more than cupcakes and free babysitting services to sway us towards your city.)

Boston University Medical Center Program, Boston, MA

University Health Center of Pittsburgh Program, Pittsburgh, PA

Loyola University Program, Chicago, IL

University of Illinois College of Medicine at Chicago Program, Chicago, IL

Lahey Clinic Program, Burlington, MA

University of Kentucky Medical Center Program, Lexington, KY

University of Colorado Program, Denver, CO

Temple University Program, Philadelphia, PA

University of Washington Urology Residency Program, Seattle, WA

Emory University Program, Atlanta, GA

University of North Carolina Hospitals Program, Chapel Hill, NC

Duke University Program, Durham, NC

University of Minnesota Program, Minneapolis, MN

Mayo Graduate School of Medicine (Rochester) Program, Rochester, MN

Ohio State University Program, Columbus, OH

SUNY Downstate Medical School, Brooklyn, NY

William Beaumont Hospital Program, Detroit, MI

Brown University Program, Providence, RI

The following are programs where he was granted an interview but, unfortunately, couldn't make due to scheduling conflicts (these won't be on our list):

George Washington University, Washington DC
University of Iowa, Des Moines, IA
Indiana University, Indianapolis, IN
University of Chicago, Chicago, IL
University of Albany, Albany, NY

We are so thrilled to have the opportunity to rank this many programs, thus giving us wonderful options for the next stage of our life. Although there is still the ere of unpredictability with this messy system and we could theoretically end up in any of these places, my mother-in-law says it best:
You will blossom wherever you are planted

And seeing as though I have fleeting butterflies the size of SPARROWS in my tummy every time I think of the unimaginable joy we will feel in March when Jeremy and I snuggle our son for the very first time...

I tend to agree with her, 110%

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure all those other places are nice, but Lexington is a beautiful place! I live about 3 hours north so I couldn't even offer babysitting and cupcakes. Haha, just kidding. :) I think your mother-in-law is right. If it were me, I would be terrified to pack everything up and leave. My husband and I live in a town of about 3000 (yes that's right...only 3 zeros) people and our family is merely minutes away from us.
    I wish you and your husband (and little boy) the best of luck in wherever you go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad that GW didn't work out, but anywhere on the East Coast is closer!
    -Christine

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails