Saturday, November 7, 2009

Fred Freckle Watch 2009!


How far along? 22 weeks 3 days
How big is baby? about 1 lb and 10.9 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash)
Total weight gain/loss: +3 lbs
Maternity clothes? Yes! I need to buy a few more shirts - somehow the Gap read my mind and sent me a 25% off coupon. You sneaky marketing geniuses, are you reading this blog? (if so, send me FREE stuff, not coupons. My husband doesn't have a JOB, remember?)
Stretch marks? Not yet, slathering on the lotion with wild abandon though. Pass the spatula and stand back!
Sleep: Better! I actually slept through the night TWICE this week. WOO HOO! GO ME!
Best moment this week: Going out to dinner (Thai food!) and to a movie with my exhausted husband in the 24 hours we had together.
Movement: My ribs are officially punching bags now.
Food cravings: The usual suspects of course, in addition to banana peppers and anything pumpkin.
Gender: I already told you I have a penis.
Labor Signs: No, praying for a full term baby.
Belly Button in or out? In, but Jeremy keeps trying to coax it out of the exceedingly less-shallow hiding spot.
What I miss: Sangria and walking fast.
What I am looking forward to: You know you're an adult when you're looking forward to new carpet. I'm also pretty jazzed about an impending trip to IKEA - going to strategically plan this around lunch time so I can chow down on some Swedish meatballs in the cafeteria.
Weekly Wisdom: I've been SLOW-LY reading Happiest Baby on the Block. I say SLOW-LY because, unlike Redbook magazine, I have no concept of what is going on in this book. The message I took away from the first couple chapters is this: Hope and pray your baby doesn't get colic. If baby DOES get colic, re-read these chapters and actually pay attention.
Milestones: I went to temple last night and the Torah portion was on the birth of Isaac. Abraham has the son who will be his heir. From Abraham’s point of view, Isaac is a gift from God. God kept his promises and is a just God. Our Rabbi noted it was a particularly wonderful night with four pregnant ladies in the room... he then added, "...even though it took over 5 months for Tamara to actually look pregnant." Ah, Mazel Tov indeed :)

This morning out of boredom, magazines plastered with fall-themed desserts and my cravings for anything pumpkin - I present to you -

My attempt to hold on to fall for as long as possible, in three ingredients or less


(1 box spice cake mix, 1 cup dark chocolate chips, 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree)
Complete with holiday muffin cups and EEWY GOOEY CHOCOLATE CHIPS!
added bonus: they BOUNCE!

3 comments:

  1. I've never left a comment on your blog before, but I just had to say something about those muffins! They look absolutely delicious! How long do you bake them for? I'd love to make some...I think my hubby would love them. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the muffins, bake at 350 for 22-25 minutes. Mine made 18 heaping muffins.

    (also if you do Weight Watchers, this is a low fat recipe and if you extend them to 24 muffins/mini muffins they're only 1 point)

    They are very dense and filling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So super cute!! Aaaannnddd...the muffins look very yummy :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails