"Your baby is barely the size of a kumquat — a little over an inch or so long, crown to bottom — and weighs less than a quarter of an ounce, your baby now has completed the most critical portion of his development. This is the beginning of the so-called fetal period."
It also says it has fingernails and peach fuzz. I don't even know what a kimquat is, but I can bet you that I'm not craving it. Crave is probably not a word people use the the first trimester - I have no positive thoughts related to food whatsoever. With Jeremy gone in North Carolina, I've regressed back to my college days of eating tomato soup, PB&J, ramen noodles and grilled cheese.
The only things I somewhat want to eat are sour candies and spicy stuff - WAY spicier than I could tolerate pre-preg. I can't wait until I actually want to eat food, because I'm going straight to the Thai food restaurant and ordering a level 3 (of 9)! WOO-HOO DREAM BIG!
I think for now, this cartoon sums it up. Did I mention that I still have to remind myself that I'm pregnant? No belly to speak of. I think I've actually lost weight.

Still cautiously hopeful we'll have a healthy little one just in time for spring.
No comments:
Post a Comment