Today was our first "official" OB visit and I'm SEVEN weeks pregnant. It was anti-climactic mostly because we already got to see our little pea on the ultrasound during the cramp freak out last week. Also boring because I make Dr. K's job easy.
Dr. K: Well, since I don't need to tell you to stop smoking or cut back on caffeine... what do you do anyway? Well, besides cycle?
Is this guy complaining about his compliant patient population? Just checking. But yeah, I haven't consumed caffeine in over three years and I don't smoke or drink. He did tell me to be careful cleaning out the cat box and be careful with my body temp while I'm cycling. But the take home message for the first visit was mostly to tell me NOT to have a 10-pound baby (yikes! apparently my pelvis is a bit small) and that my boobs will probably hurt for another month or so.
See you in 4 weeks!
Happily, my busy baby daddy DID make it to the uneventful appointment today. It was nice to have him there. He'll miss the next two, so I need to take really good notes. If they go anything like today, the notes will be short.
Very short.
In other news, I'm drinking sparkling water with a lime BY THE LITER. The fizz calms my belly. Also, the thought of eating ice cream makes me nauseous. I almost puked during a Sonic commercial. What is happening to me?? Is this really my kid?
Only time will tell...
Thursday, July 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment