Friday, July 17, 2009

Holy cramps!

Last Saturday I started cramping. On and off mostly, with no spotting. I'm up at all hours of the night, popping Tylenol and lying in a fetal position on the bathroom floor scared out of my mind that I am going to miscarry at any moment meanwhile wishing Jeremy would wake up and come lay with me for moral support. I think last night when he heard me climb out of bed he muttered, "wha? okay? hmm babe" {SNORE}. I'm pretty sure that translates to, "Oh babe, I'm so sorry, if I could carry our baby I totally would right now."

After a week of this, we decided I should call the doctor. My first OB appointment isn't until next week, so the nurse told me I should pop in, preferably within the hour, "just to be sure everything is okay."

Cue mental freak out.

I called J twice but he was in clinic, so I texted him and said if he could meet me that would be great.

When I got there Dr. K had a HUGE smile on his face, thrilled that Jeremy and I were pregnant.

Dr. K: Let's check this out and see what we've got here!

Me: Jeremy was going to try to make it but he's in clinic...

Dr. K: Trust me, this isn't the first time he's going to miss something.

Dr. K is great at reminding me that I married a doctor and all that goes with it. He used his magic wand to show me our little embryo which he said was a "perfect implantation, right where we want to see it and a strong little flicker [heartbeat] there too!"

Jeremy rushed in just as I was getting dressed,"I missed seeing our baby for the first time?" Dr. K congratulated him and said we did good. He also said with their first child, his wife had the worst cramping of her life and swore up and down that she was about to miscarry. Perfectly normal, and it soon shall pass.

It doesn't look like much but the poppyseed-sized heart was flashing away. And I have this...

6W1d
(the teeny tiny pea shapped blur is the embryo and the bigger circle is the yolk sack)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails