Saturday, July 27, 2013
Gillen Azar: ELEVEN MONTHS.
Dearest Gillen,
How is it possible that you are nearly one. To say that the time has flown by would be an understatement because each joyful moment spills into the next and we still can't get enough of you.
This has been a HUGE month for you.
You went from army crawling to full blown crawling. Owen didn't really crawl and wasn't much of a mover so you are giving me a crash course in baby mobility. You can crawl very fast and destroy our entire house in seconds. Every time I clean up a mess you've made I turn around and you're into something else. You can take out every toy in the playroom in the two minutes it takes me to pee. And you are SO proud of yourself.
You pull up on everything and love to cruise around your crib. I've also caught you standing unassisted but I'm so in shock I'm pretending I didn't see you do that.
You wave and say "Hiiiii" in the cutest voice.
You quack, moo, a doggy sound and growl like a monster.
You sing the "Five Little Ducks" song (exactly like your brother did!)
You say: Mama, Dada, Uh-ah (Owen), baby, Peek-a-boo.
You LOVE to sing. Your brother is obsessed with the The Lorax so we listen to the soundtrack a lot. His favorite song (ironically enough) is 'How Bad Can I Be' and he sings it at the top of his lungs "How ba-a-a-a-d can I be, I'm just doing what comes naturally." And you, his trusty side kick, chime in with ba-a-a-a-a-a right along with him.
You also LOVE to hit a drum and sing 'Hey Ya Na' from our Music Together CD. I'm putting a drum on your birthday wish list, a decision I'm sure I'll come to regret.
You are quite good at letting us know when you are displeased. You absolutely hate to have your diaper or clothes changed. Because you are a wild man there are times I need to set you in the crib or in the exersaucer you protest loudly because you do not want to be caged in. Sorry buddy but sometimes Mama needs to put in a load of laundry and know you're safe.
You get only one nap a day, at the same time as your brother. This might be the single most thing I feel guilty about when it comes to you. When Owen was your age I'd move mountains to be sure we were home for his three naps per day because he refused to nap outside the house. You are much the same, and while you will occasionally fall asleep in the car or in the Ergo you prefer to sleep in your crib (ahem or with me in my bed). We are so busy out and about we only make it home for naps in the afternoon. Sometimes you don't go down until 3pm and you usually sleep for three solid hours. You don't get enough sleep and I'm hoping with Owen going to preschool in the fall we can find a way to get you a morning nap. You don't seem to mind and I think you've adjusted to the schedule but I know you need the sleep sweet boy so we'll work on it.
One day when you happened to nap earlier than your brother I brought you into the toy room to play. You called and searched around for Owen and when he was no where to be found you spotted the toy plane he zooms around all day long. You snatched it up and "zoomed" it around in the air making the cutest "sssssss" sound. I watch you play with toys so purposefully and I know that you learn this from your brother. Owen grows up wanting to be like us, because that is all he knows. But you, you my love, grow up wanting to be like him. You are ever so aware of everything. It melts my heart to see you such a part of everything we do.
I love you sweet, Gil. SO MUCH.
Mama
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow!! Eleven months already… he's such a cutie!
ReplyDelete