This was our first year venturing out to fireworks as a family on July 4th. Owen's best friend William finally moved back to Pittsburgh and since they moved out to the 'burbs we decided to enjoy a crowd-free fireworks show.
These boys were so happy to be reunited. We never really told Owen that William moved away for the year since they made frequent enough trips back to play. But he knew he didn't get to play with his buddy as much as he wanted to and they were so happy to play together all day on the 4th!
Since it was "America's birthday party" Owen insisted we have cupcakes. So I had to run out to Target at the last minute and buy a box of Funfetti. First time ever making funfetti and it was a huge hit!
This blurry photo is the only one of us together on our 5th wedding anniversary. Needless to say we are just happy to be together enjoying our family. I cannot say that the past five years have flown by, but I can say that they have taught me more about unconditional love and respect than I ever thought possible. I'm so proud of the life we've created together.
(of note: Owen is obsessed with the american flag and went crazy over these shorts when he saw them in Kohls. Since he still wears 18-24 month shorts (skinny boy!) and they only had 2T they are constantly falling off of him. He could care less as long as he has his "United States Flag" shorts on!)
{you can hear Owen singing "Happy Birthday" to America, here.}






What a fun 4th of July! The cupcakes look very festive and yummy! And happy "belated" wedding anniversary!
ReplyDelete