Monday, February 25, 2013

Owen's Gruffalo Party

On the morning of Owen's third birthday he woke up to balloons and streamers in the hallway. I went into his room as soon as I heard him stir and sang a Happy Birthday song for him. His first words were, "I don't want to go to my party today. I don't think it's going to be very fun."

My smart, verbal boy was telling us that he might be a little overwhelmed by all of the attention but he was excited to have all of his favorite people in the world celebrating him today.

The light was bad but I did everything I could to capture the magic of Owen's third birthday party. It was at an art studio on his actual birthday and the theme was chosen by him, based on his favorite book. The Gruffalo.

As always I designed the invitation and most of the party food and favors. A friend of mine from college now lives in England where the book is very popular. She found some party goods and sent them our way. It was much appreciated! Daddy read the book during the party and you could hear a pin drop the children were so captivated by the story. A local friend who catered Gil's bris made a special Gruffalo cake just for Owen, it was amazing. He asked for "chocolate, all the chocolate" and that's what he got. It was a perfect little party and we had a very happy boy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails