Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Gillen Azar: Three Months Old


Dearest Gillen,

This video sums up everything about you right now. You are happy, giggly smiles 90% of the time. Unless it's after 7:30pm and we try to put you in the car - you aren't having any of that. Your favorite person continues to be your brother and he can make you giggle no matter what he is doing. We do have to remind him to give you some space because he likes to love on you a little too close and a little too hard sometimes but it warms my heart to see the two of you together.

Oh the giggles. The sound of you laughing is so infectious. I makes me laugh until I cry happy, sappy Mama tears. After raising such a serious boy in your brother, having a giggly one show me how different you both are. My second favorite thing about you? YOUR CHUBS! So many chubs, my love. Your butt, legs and thighs are adorned with roll after roll of soft chubby goodness. You have so many chins we've lost count and your little belly jiggles when you laugh. We moved you to size 3 diapers and this week I packed away all of your 3-month clothing. We actually had to make an emergency run to Carter's one night when we realized you were busting out of your jammies and we had no fleece jams in storage because Owen was in six month clothing in the dead heat of summer. We told Owen we were going on "an adventure" piled into the car and listened to you scream the entire way there.

When you are awake you are strong and active. I don't even remember a time when your neck was floppy. You are sturdy and want nothing to do with being put over our shoulders or held like a baby. You want to look around at everything. You love your baby milk, which from the size of you is quite obvious. You take it very seriously and demand my undivided attention when I am nursing you. If I talk to Owen or look at my phone, you pop off to coo and smile at me until you have my attention back. How do I have a distracted nurser this early? 

You don't like baths, but we're working on it and you don't like being held by strangers. You REALLY, REALLY don't like being passed around. I think you have the loudest cry I've ever heard and the two times we've let a stranger hold you in the evening - you let us know that was NOT okay with you.

You are so easy going and I can't imagine where you've gotten it from. Perhaps is necessity of being the second child. You'll nap in the wrap, in the Ergo, in the swing - even sometimes IN THE CAR! You flash your gummy smile at anyone who inquires about you. You giggle and smile while we change your diaper and have brought nothing but joy into this family.

I know I've told you this since the day you were born but you quite literally exude happiness.From you, to you and all around you. My darling boy, you make us so incredibly happy.

Love and giggles,
Mama

1 comment:

  1. he's such a sweet little chubber! :)

    have you tried bathing with him? my kids always responded well to that (hated alone baths as tiny babes)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails