Owen ignores him and won't even acknowledge his presence.
If Jeremy tries to help with bath or bedtime Owen screams hysterically, which is hard on all of us. Me because I could really use the help sometimes and Jeremy because he feels like crap to come home to one kid who only wants to nurse at night (something Jeremy cannot do) and the other a screaming banshee. Tough stuff.
Jeremy had the weekend off and after an awesome trick-or-treat, Owen was happy to be with his Daddy again. We suprised Owen with a trip to the circus on Sunday.
Jeremy and I were both raised going to, and loving, the circus. I used to go every year around my birthday and so many wonderful memories.
You know what I don't remember? It being SO EXPENSIVE!
So with our limited budget and Jeremy's limited time with Owen we decided they would go just the two of them. We assumed the circus would be about an hour long. WRONG. It was close to THREE HOURS! (I guess you get your money's worth!)
There was a pre-show if you arrived an hour early. Jeremy and Owen were one of the first fifty people in the door. Owen was able to walk a mini tight rope, see some clowns, try on some costumes, see some jugglers and get a tattoo. Jeremy said it was great.
The show was wonderful, had an intermission and then another hour of show. Poor Owen was completely wrecked by the end of it (he's never sat through anything like this, not even a movie!) and tried to take a nap on the floor of the convention center (yuck!)
I stayed home with Gillen and was able to get some writing done once he fell asleep. It was really nice to have some peace and quiet.
Jeremy took a few pictures with his phone of their trip - needless to say, Owen had a blast and keeps asking why we can't go again. This boy who makes weekly trips to the zoo and museums doesn't understand that some special things only come to town once per year ;)
I gave them some glow bracelets before they left so Jeremy didn't have to spend money on them there. Best decision ever, Owen LOVED it! (and the glow sticks were $20 at the circus!!)
Owen wanted to wear his Halloween costume but Jeremy talked him into wearing matching Duke shirts instead :)

So glad they were able to have some father/son time!! Glad to hear little Owen has bonded with daddy again! Love the circus photos!
ReplyDelete