The great thing was that many of the preschools were also cancelled that day so some of our friends who are usually at preschool on Tuesday morning were able to come to our party - nine friends in all made for a great party.
I cut out some pumpkins/ghosts and set out some eye ball stickers and makers for them to decorate. Then we tapped them onto tongue depressors (having a doctor husband does come in handy sometimes!) and used them as puppets.
I grabbed some light up bracelets out of the Target dollar bin last time I was there and Halloween stuff was on clearance a week early at JoAnn for 75% off so I bought a ton of sprinkles and some mini candy necklace kits (fine motor skills and a treat!)
The night before I baked some cupcakes so with a little Mama help on the icing the kids went to town decorating. Here is Owen's masterpiece (which he proceeded to eat only the top off of and then ask for more icing which he wiped all over his costume. AWESOME.)
I made some yummy pumpkin bread and vegetable soup for the Mamas and also whipped up a batch of Candy Corn popcorn last weekend. -- because no matter how many times I tell myself not to cook with candy... I always do it. And this stuff was SO GOOD!
We tried to take a group picture at the end of the party when all of the kids were ready for nap and hyped up on sugar. It went like this...
and then this...
and baby Gil was there too - he dressed up like a surgeon ate his fists for lunch ;)
Overall the party was a huge success. Owen was so happy to have his friends over and share his toys and all of the Mamas were happy not to disappoint a cute little bunch of kiddos on Halloween.















so cute and so much fun! you are a rockstar, mama!
ReplyDelete