I honestly think these two months with you have flow by faster than they did with your brother. Perhaps it's because you've blended into our family seamlessly. When I say you are a joy, it is the understatment of the year.
You have cried at night - Twice. Two times in your two months of life. You give me one 4-6 hours stretch each night night and nurse like a pro. You smiled starting at 4 weeks and haven't stopped. This past week you started popping off the breast to smile at me. It melts my heart. You've found your voice and like to "talk" back and forth with me. I swear you are starting to giggle and I absolutely love it.
You love your big brother Owen. You often cry in the car and when you do your brother will hold your hand and you stop immediately. Your head is always turned towards him and aside from him setting his dirty boots on your face one time, the two of you side-by-side in the car has been a blessing.
You are okay with being swaddled but prefer to sleep snuggled up in bed next to me. You finally figured out how to nurse with both of us lying down (without milk coming out of your nose) and we're enjoying naps and early mornings together. You have never once slept laying on your back in the cosleeper - but we'll get there. For now you spend your long stretch of sleep swaddled in the vibrating bouncer, in the cosleeper with white noise playing on the ipod.
You are huge. You wear size 2 diapers and are about to move to 3-6 or 6 month clothing. Everyone comments on how big and solid you are and I cannot believe it myself. You've all but outgrown your little Puj tub and bathtime consists of your Daddy trying to clean the "cheese" out of all of your leg and neck rolls. It's insane. I struggled with breastmilk oversupply around the six week mark and you were choking when you ate. We fixed it and are doing much better now. Still lots of milk and LOTS of eating. Your eyes are blue like your Daddy's, with his long fingers and toes. Your new hair is a little darker than your redish newborn hair but it still has an auburn tint.
The happiness I told you about last month has only grown and grown, little one. You are the textbook definition of an "easy baby" and I hope I don't jinx myself in saying so. I want to have a million babies just like you. But for now there is you and I am relishing in our every moment together. Like your brother, a gentle sweetness has begun to shine through in your little personality.
I don't know what could I have possibly done to be blessed with two sweet little boys, but I never shut my eyes at night before remembering to be thankful. Infinitely grateful. For you both.
Love,
Mama
My view, of you.

No comments:
Post a Comment