Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Sometimes it's just hard to be two.

After a car nap which lasted over an hour thanks to me driving around and then sitting in the car for a while, Owen woke up and was ready to come inside.

But once we walked in the door, he melted into hysterics and refused to climb the stairs up to the apartment. I'm not physically capable of picking a limp screaming toddler off the ground and carrying him up sixteen stairs, so I told him I would let him collect himself and I'd be back to check on him in a minute.

I waited upstairs for five minutes and then peaked down to find this.

Owen asleep on the step.

I know he has big huge feelings right now and he's sensing that I'm tired and can't physically do what he needs me to do for him right now. My heart aches for him on these days. But when I looked down those steps at my sleeping boy, I remembered

He will always be my first baby.

He still needs so much of me

and there will always be enough love to go around.

2 comments:

  1. There aren't enough words to tell you how much I love this post. You are soon to find out, Mama, just how true your words are. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh mama, this picture warms my heart - mostly b/c we've done the SAME. its definitely a big huge feelings thing (and not a mama who can't do what he needs thing b/c i *could* pick mine up and he did the same stuff!) - one day soon he'll be 4 and you'll not even believe its the same kid :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails