Sunday, August 12, 2012

Happy 34th Birthday, Daddy!

All weekend we woke up to Owen singing over the monitor....

"Happy BIR-DAY dear DAAAAA-YEEEE, Happy BIIIIIIIIIIR-DAY to YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU!"

It was totally adorable.

We started our day with some Challah French Toast  that Mama made special for Daddy's birthday!


and then we headed out to the farm for the peach festival! 
 It was a really special visit because it included LOTS of firsts for our boy
The highlight being his FIRST pony ride. We asked him if he wanted to ride the Pony and he said, "Yes!" but once it was his turn he changed his mind. We decided to push him a little, hoping he'd like it and two steps into the ride he was giggling away (and our boy is NOT a giggler). 
Thank you "Spanky" for a very memorable first ($2) pony ride!
Next we rode the tractor all around the farm, up through the apple orchard, depleted strawberry patches and past where the pumpkins will grow. 
and it dropped us off right by the blue berry bushes where our little family picked blue berries for the very first time!
and then while Daddy stood in line for lunch, Mr. Owen got his first tattoo (face paint, on his arm)
He orginally requested a snake and just as she started to draw it he changed his mind and asked for
"A beautiful butterfly!" (just like in The Very Hungry Caterpillar)

He looked butch, this kid :)
After lunch we enjoyed ice cream cones and I was so happy they had Superman ice cream (something I've been craving this pregnancy. Weird, right?) I may or may not have gone back for a second cone after having to share some of mine with Owen ;)
and after we headed home with our exhausted boy and got him all tucked into bed, 
Mama and Daddy enjoyed some ice cream cake. 
With the "32" from my cake plus two additional candles ;)


As with most days with a toddler there are high moments and low moments. But this day, even though there were some whiny patches and tantrums, the firsts won our hearts over.
 His first pony ride, filled with giggles.
Our first time picking blue berries
His first "tattoo"

Celebrating birthdays is very different once you are a parent, but I told Jeremy that what he got was pretty close to the most perfect day I could ever imagine. 
And he agreed. 
Happy Birthday, Dr. Daddy! 
I cannot wait to share our love and life with yet another little boy this year.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful words, beautiful pictures, beautiful post, beautiful family. So much more joy to come as a family of 4! Happy Birthday Jeremy! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. best birthday ever :) and you look amazing :D

    happy birthday to your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Belated Birthday Jeremy. Ok, so am I 12 years old. I thought that the pony being named Spanky was hysterical. O looks adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails