Wednesday, July 25, 2012

34 Weeks Pregnant


This week at the doctor they decided not to check me but Baby Brother's heartbeat was great. I gained 4 pounds since my last visit so I'm up a total of 15 lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight (I think the shots and the heat have a lot to do with this, I'm just not hungry). I told the doctor that I don't think baby is head down yet because I've been feeling hiccups both near my ribs and then sometimes by my hip. He felt around and wasn't able to determine exactly how our little guy was positioned so he did an ultrasound. Sure enough, our boy is currently oblique (the long axis of the fetal body crosses that of the maternal body at an angle close to 45 degrees.)

Owen's head was deep down in my pelvis with his butt and legs in my rib cage since 27 weeks so I knew this felt different. The doctor said he probably hasn't moved down yet because I've had a lot less contractions this time around. He said, most likely the head will pop down into my pelvis no problem but they will keep an eye on it (if he stays that way babies can present shoulder first for birth). We go back in two weeks for an internal check and to discuss our birth plan and then weekly visits from there!

So close!!


2 comments:

  1. have you heard of the spinning babies website? i've never really looked through it, but it has lots of info on getting babies into good positions. not just head down, but nice and anterior too so as to avoid the dreaded back labor.

    Johnny was transverse for a good long while - lots of "trying to explode out of my sides" kicks :-p

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails