Owen says A MILLION things. I can't even keep up with how verbal he is but sometimes his verbal skills (coupled with him being every bit a TWO YEAR OLD) can get to me.
His two favorite answers to ANYTHING right now are, "NO!" and "Don't WANT to!"
Hmmm.. it wasn't up for discussion.
His memory also amazes me. He just started to be able to recall what we did that day (accurately for the most part) and each night before he goes to sleep he asks what tomorrow will bring. In the morning he repeats whatever I told him the night before and asks if we are still doing ___________.
(Note: I learned my lesson last week to be careful about this because Jeremy had no OR cases scheduled so we planned to meet him for lunch - HOWEVER a last minute case was added and Jeremy couldn't make it and it broke my heart hearing Owen say, "See Daddy at Qdoba for yunch!" ALL.DAY.LONG.)
The other day I was in his room fluffing the pillow I made and he says to me,
"Mama took sewing class and make a pi-yow. Mamas always come back."
Um, yes. Yes I did. (when I leave him with someone if I have to go away we say, "Mamas always, always come back for their babies." So he likes to repeat that ;))
We are getting ready to go to the beach so we've been reading books about the beach and talking about it with Owen. We went to the beach back in October, but that was a long time ago. Yesterday Owen says,
"LONG car ride. See Nana, Papa at the beach. Wear simming suit and hat."
Yes we are going to see Nana and Papa at the beach in a few weeks and you can wear your new swim suit and sun hat.
"Owen pee-pee hallway. Pee-pee from my penis."
I honestly was stunned. Because in OCTOBER when we went to the beach we were packing up all of our stuff in the morning and Owen wanted to use the potty. We let him and then he was running around naked and Owen pee'd in the hallway. We all stepped in it. SOMEHOW he remembered that.
I also wanted him to be able to tell people where he lives so I told him he lives in Pittsburgh. He then repeated to me, "Pittsburgh, Squirrel Hill." Like, um to be more specific, MOM I live in Sq. hill. I almost fell out of my chair laughing.
We've also been working on emotions and pointing out when people are sad or happy. Owen's interpretations are hilarious! And apparently he has no idea how to make a sad face (this is totally untrue, he does it every time he doesn't get his way!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Carter pretends to cry when I say show me sad hahaha So adorable. I love how he always wants to watch the video after you're done ;)
ReplyDeleteI love that he calls himself baby Owen. This is the cutest thing ever. The "mmmmmm!" when he makes a sad face is killing me. :)
ReplyDeleteCharlie is the same way, repeat, repeat, repeat. And yes, it makes me sad when something changes and he can't understand it's not going to happen. Currently Charlie talks about going to the beach every single day. I guess we better plan a trip too.
ReplyDeleteohmigosh, i love that "mamas always come back!" so sweet! <3 how was the LLL Conference?!? :)
ReplyDelete