A few weekends ago Owen came down with a nasty cold. He had snot running EVERYWHERE, eyes watering and hacking up a lung. Within a day he had pink-eye in both eyes and was waking up every half hour at night screaming for me. The doctor said it was most likely viral, but he gave us drops for the pink eye to prevent spreading it to Jeremy and I. Our poor little guy was so miserable. It was a beautiful weekend so we took him out for a hike in the pack carrier. He was happy to be outside, but quickly fell asleep in the carrier. This picture breaks my heart, poor little guy! :(
Anytime he awoke from sleeping his entire face was crusted shut. Snot everywhere and his eyes were a mess. It took me 15 minutes of holding hot compresses on his face each time, with him mostly screaming through it. I'm not sure if it is because I'm pregnant, exhausted or just grossed out by mucus but I was on the verge of gagging. I've been barfed on more times than I'd like to count (my kid is a puker) but this was by far the worst for me. It's all part of being a Mama, but it killed me that I was so totally grossed out by it all.
For over a week I was getting up with him, hot compressing his face, washing his towels, washcloths, sheets, blankets, EVERYTHING. I basically scrubbed my own hands raw trying to avoid it. We thought he was in the clear this past weekend, but then today both Owen and I woke up with pink eye. I also have a stuffy nose and killer sore throat (which explains some of his screaming at night,it hurts!) So needless to say, we're a little yuck over here.
I have my 16 week OB visit tomorrow so I'll post about my cervical measurements and our plan for this pregnancy soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

So sorry mama. Hope you both feel better soon!! Totally unrelated, the new header is seriously awesome! Great job ;)
ReplyDelete1) LOVE the new header!
ReplyDelete2) I am so sorry about The Sick. Sick while pregnant is miserable, and sick while pregnant while caring for a sick 2-year-old is the worst. That picture is breaking my heart!
3) Good luck tomorrow...can't wait to hear how things go!
xoxo
Aww poor baby and poor mama:( I hope you both get well soon!
ReplyDelete