Sunday, February 26, 2012

Oh My! Dinosaur Party!

Sunday was the BIG DAY for the Oh My! Dinosaurs! Party. Just like last year, I designed Owen's invitations and had them printed. These might just be my favorite thing I've ever designed and I was so proud to do it for my little. Jeremy was so kind to me saying, "It's a shame it will take years before O realizes how talented his Mama is and all the special things you do for him."  Designing and ordering invitations myself comes out to less than $24 shipped. A cost savings as well!

 The weekend before the party, Daddy and Uncle Amos spent the afternoon whipping up 14 batches of "dinosaur dough" for Owen's party favors. We printed the recipe on a thank you card and wrapped it up with cut pieces of plastic tablecloth. Super cheap - but SUPER CUTE!

In birthday tradition, Sissa and I got to work on dinosaur sugar cookies! (Have I mentioned how much I love having help amidst the chaos of birthday party crazy?) Daddy was on board to ice them (and taste test as well)

We hosted O's party at a toy co-op here in the city where I volunteer twice per month. It's a wonderful resource and has so many toys that would never fit in our apartment. The kids just love to have playdates here and Owen and his friends especially loved having it all to themselves for his party!


I made him a dinosaur cake and lava mini-bundt cakes for his friends. We also had layered dino-jello, dinosaur cheesy balls, dino iced sugar cookies, homemade (by Daddy!) chicken fingers and fruit. The food was a big hit for both kids and adults! 

 O's best buddie William had fun racing on this scooter while dressed up like a fireman!
and William's Daddy had fun chasing him! (another doctor daddy who knows how to have fun!)

Owen and his buddies at the train table
Owen and his beloved "Sissa" (my sweet cousin)

 I swear this child said, "more cuc-cakes" the entire party!

 When it came time for cake Owen developed a little stage fright after everyone sang Happy Birthday to him (my child?) and needed some assistance from his Mama with the candle blowing :)



Such a happy day for our boy and 14 of his little friends. 
A very special THANK YOU to everyone who helped to make this 100% homemade 
Oh My! Dinosaurs! Party  
such a RAWR-ING SUCCESS!!

3 comments:

  1. awesome job mama! and it looks like a blast! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun party! Love the invitations. Great job! My little will turn three in two weeks. Where does the time go?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need to be a party planner! I love it all!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails