Monday, October 24, 2011
Twenty Months
Since the day you were laid on my chest, fresh from the womb, I can be brought to tears in a moment with you. The first time you latched on my breast to nurse all on your own, I sobbed with joy. The first time you popped off to smile up at me a milky, "thank you, Mama" smile, there were tears. The first time your Daddy and I heard your baby giggle, we both cried sappy parent cries.
And again this month, my love, this month made my heart swell almost as big as the moment you were born. After reading stories with your Daddy, I came in to put you to bed.
Daddy: "Owen, what do want to tell Mama?"
You: "I love you, Mama."
You don't know what this means yet, but just hearing you say it reinforces for me how motherhood has been my greatest and proudest endevour, and will be for my lifetime.
These tearful moments, all of my 20-months worth of moments with you, have been a cherished blessing.
xoxox
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh!! I cannot wait for that moment.
ReplyDeleteI totally agree. Being a parent is the best thing ever! My two year old daughter is talking non stop all the time and we absolutely love it. Especially when she says" mommy, I love you". Totally brings tears to my eyes and melts my heart. There is really no other love like it.
ReplyDeleteJulia
Charlie can't quite say "love" it's more like "yuv" but it is so amazing to here him tell me it throughout the day and my favorite is when he whispers it at bed time :)
ReplyDelete