Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Update

I thought we were out of the woods this morning when Owen woke up a cool 98.6 and stayed that way through much of the afternoon, including his follow-up appointment with the pediatrician. No fever, no ear or throat redness - still a mystery what caused it.  Then he woke up from his afternoon nap at 103.5, a fussy crying mess. He still isn't eating for me, with the exception of nursing. He weighed 20.5 lbs at the doctor today, which is pretty much the same thing he's weighed for the last two months. The doctor said he is still in the 20th percentile for breastfed babies and not to worry too much.

If the fever continues we'll be back in for a more extensive work up -- right now Roseola is on the table and we're just hoping for a rash in the coming days.

I never thought I'd say that I am hoping for a RASH.

3 comments:

  1. i was WONDERING if that might be it. that or 5ths disease? both have super high fevers and then a rash.


    come onnnnnnn rash! :-p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did the rash appear? How's Mr.O feeling? Saying prayers for both of you! oxox

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails