Monday, March 7, 2011

Owen's Heart


On Valentine's day I cut two (messy, uneven) hearts out of red felt. One I pinned on Jeremy's work badge so that he would see it first thing in the morning and remember what a wonderful day we had together. The second one I gave to Owen. He didn't know what it was, and carefully turned it over in his hands a few times before moving on to sort our DVD's or taste an electrical cord. When his toys were scooped up and placed back in the toy bin, I think the heart made its way to the bottom nestled between "Lebron" the Weeble ("weebles wobble, but they don't fall down!") and his stacking cups.

Tonight I was checking my email on the laptop while Owen played quietly with his toys. He came over to me and pulled up on the couch, tugging at my leg. He was handing me something.

I looked down and saw that he had found the felt heart and was handing it to me with a proud smile.

He didn't know what he had in his hand, but my heart about burst and I couldn't hold back the biggest smile of my day.

I scooped him up and smothered him in kisses.

That's yours buddy, my heart is yours.

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails