We had a really fun trip, low-key but it was just nice to having someone to chat with while going about our day.
This trip was the first time I kind of saw Owen through someone else's eyes, mostly because his personality differed so much from Kelly's busy boys. O is very quiet and sweet - he is a thinker and is very reserved about his actions. He ALWAYS went to Kelly (or her Mom or her Dad) for hugs and snuggles and was content to sit in the same spot and play with a toy for an hour while her boys ran circles around him. Her 11 month old, Ben, took his first steps while we were there and Owen could have cared less. Ben spends his days trying to catch up to his older brother (~3) and Owen spends his days exploring stacking cups and petting our cat. I watched Ben pick up an etch-a-sketch and draw on it with the correct end of the stylus. After he put it down, I watched Owen crawl over to it and EAT THE STYLUS. Ben put a pot on their play stove, Owen put the pot on his head. Having an older sibling is a huge motivator for a baby and it made me laugh to see Owen, unphased, moving along at his own pace.
Owen is very verbal and was able to teach Ben his monster sound and how to clap. It warmed my heart when I saw him pressing his little nose up against their glass door pointing and saying, "teet! teet!" at the birds on the feeder.
I also had a realization that I am "that mom" whose kid naps the day away allowing me free time to
We took the kids to a bar (the horror! babies IN A BAR) early one evening to listen to Irish fiddle music. It was really fun and the boys all did great. Owen rode a bike for the first time and had his first taste of ice cream. If you asked him, he'd say it was a pretty good trip! And I agree!
We actually made use of the kiddo-cart while in Walmart. We felt like the Duggars
My laid back boy
Two strollers for our walks, a double for the littles and a jogger for Graham.
Ice cream face!
baby in a bar
Owen "rides" a bike
Riding a bike from Tam on Vimeo.
Kelly's husband is deployed right now but we can't wait until he's back safe and sound and Jeremy has time off so we can spend time together with both families. These boys are going to have so much fun together as they get older and Kelly and I have already started a list of embarrassing stories to tell their future girlfriends ;)







What a fun trip! I absolutely love the video - Owen's "weeee!" just melted my heart. So glad you guys had fun. My Connor sounds like Kelly's Ben. Short napper, always on the go. Check out my post from today titled "fearless" as my child tries to climb UP his slide. Sigh. I'm aging quickly. Your Owen needs to teach Connor a thing or two. :) You said it best a few emails ago, when you told me that our boys are so different yet so beautifully perfect all the same. :)
ReplyDeleteoh that sounds like so much fun!
ReplyDeletespending time with friends really helps pass the no-hubby time :)
How fun. I know it's good to have friends to visit with and see things in a different light.
ReplyDeleteI'm right with Kelly with Jack, the 30 minute napper. And speaking of Jack! He has been eating table food. Totally skipped the whole baby food thing. He pitches a fit if I don't share my food. He is 8 months old. What?!? So let's just say today he had his first ice cream :)