Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The rest of the Valentine treats


These may be my first and last attempt at truffles. I don't know why I always attempt candy, but I do. Pioneer Woman is a LIAR. Her lasagna is TO DIE FOR but this tutorial (while, visually enticing) was SOOOOO misleading. Like this part, "Place it into the fridge for a couple of hour until the chocolate becomes firm and workable." Firm I agree with, but these suckers were NEVER WORKABLE. The good news is that THEY WERE DELICIOUS. The bad news is - making them looked like a chocolate horror show in my kitchen.

The peanut butter cookies with Reeses hearts are just along for the ride. Innocent and easy, these cookies are always a gem.

If love were to be measured in blood, sweets and tears -- this past weekend proved that I love my husband A LOT.

and the love letter he wrote me was totally worth it :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow. So I am not attempting anything other than my baked-in-brownie stuff, so you win WIFE-OF-THE-YEAR.

    I have been good today and refrained from chocolate until now.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails