Thursday, February 17, 2011

One week.

In one week my baby will be ONE. I cannot believe it. Everyday since Valentine's day I have been thinking about last year, about how excited we were that we would have a healthy, full term baby. Waiting to meet him, to welcome him into this world. And now, he has been with us for almost one year. I have been a Mama for almost a year, and yet, I feel like I've been one all my life.

Today was a beautiful day, our first taste of spring. Owen and I snuck into the Zoo about an hour before closing time. We had the place all to ourselves and even got to see the animals eat their dinner! Afterwards we went on a walk to the library and for a little frozen yogurt.

I was so happy to spend today with baby O - just as I've been this entire year. I love to see the little boy he is becoming. I love everything about being his Mama.

 Mr. and Mrs. Lion came down right next to the window for feeding time!

 Yummy fish!
Enjoying a waffle that Mama packed for a snack 
(do you see the little ear curl? I am in love with this crazy hair!)

 leaning against the pole but getting braver with standing up by himself


so proud to be drinking from his cup on our walk

3 comments:

  1. He is looking so grown up in these photos and more and more like your husband every day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fun day!
    loving that curl too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. he's really an amazing little man! Have fun planning his big day. What a joyful and heavy heart you must have right now. These milestones are amazing and yet so hard to swallow. I love and hate that they grow up so quickly!

    Have fun mama and be sure to celebrate, you've come so far!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails