On the 10 hour car ride to Asheville NC, Owen cried for a total of FIVE minutes. Our kid is a rock star. We decided that we'll keep him. Jeremy and I passed the time talking, so much so that we were hoarse by the time we arrived. It was awesome.
Him: I feel so disconnected. I don't even have time lately to check my Yahoo homepage. I have no idea what's going on with the world. Are we still at war?
Me: I know what you mean. I didn't even know Sheryl Crow adopted another baby...
Him: I didn't know she adopted the first one.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Him: Did you fart?
Me: No, must be Owen.
(later)
Him: I think Owen farted.
Me: Nope, that was me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Him: Katy Perry is a total slut. Her songs are so trashy I can't get over it. This one is about how great it is to have casual sex as a teenager and then never talk to the person again. Can you imagine having a twelve year old daughter and hearing her singing, "I want to see your peacock, you're peacock, cock. cock."
Me: Since when do you have time to listen to Katy Perry songs?
Him: Did you fart?
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Him: Oh look, West Virginia glass factory ahead.
Me: Aww that reminds me of that movie with the Matthew McConaughey look alike where he has a classy glass shop. You know? He makes glass stuff when lightening hits sand and Reese Witherspoon wants to divorce him to marry Mc Dreamy? What movies was that... Oh! Sweet Home Alabama! Remember that one?
Him: I think you just mistook me for someone with a vagina.
Thursday, November 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
LOL!!! Men....gotta love them.
ReplyDeleteI have to say, I am very jealous your kid only cried for 5 minutes. On our 5 hour trip this summer (before baby was born) Kiddo #1 screamed the ENTIRE trip. We learned that Elmo (and a fully charged portable DVD player) was the key.
ReplyDeleteWho's Katy Perry? (yeah, I heard she was in an Elmo bit that didn't go over so well)